Healthcare Managed IT Services and Packages
What is Information Technology Service Management?
ITSM is a customer-focused approach to IT service management, emphasizing continual improvement by utilizing a strategic approach.
ITSM is the integration of IT service management within an organization. This approach goes beyond traditional IT support, which is making sure an organization’s employees have access to the technologies they need. Instead, ITSM describes how all of an organization’s information technology functions are managed by an integrated team.
From auditing your existing systems, tools and staff to implementing a strategic solution, ITSM helps IT teams work together in a way that supports the bigger operational goals of the organization.
Introducing the HITSM Core Framework
HITSM (Healthcare ITSM) reviewed resources required for IT roles and developed an IT strategy to meet the organization’s technology goals.
Our objective is to continue to stay ahead of technology trends and training, bringing our clients continued innovation, service updates and modernization.
Healthcare ITSM will help your organization develop a strategy for each of the core roles in the ITSM Services Framework.
Proper Healthcare IT Service Management
Requires a Strategic Approach
It is the goal of Healthcare ITSM (HITSM) is to provide a smooth transition from Corporate Technology (current MSP) to Healthcare ITSM (HITSM) as the future Managed Service Provider (MSP).
In the transition, HITSM completed a multiphase process to enter into a newly acquired IT environment and take over its operations. The 3-phase process encompassed several tasks, from obtaining environment access and identifying “gaps” to documenting the environment for the incoming support team.
How We Work
Healthcare ITSM Packages
Healthcare IT Service Management FAQs
- Improved Patient Care: ITSM ensures that healthcare systems are reliable and available when needed, enhancing patient care and safety.
- Cost Reduction: Streamlining IT processes and reducing downtime can lead to cost savings.
- Enhanced Efficiency: ITSM helps in resolving issues faster and more efficiently, reducing disruptions.
- Compliance: Ensures healthcare organizations meet regulatory requirements, reducing legal and financial risks.
- Risk Management: ITSM helps identify and mitigate IT-related risks in healthcare.
ITSM processes are a set of structured activities aimed at managing IT services effectively. Common ITSM processes include:
- Incident Management: Handling and resolving incidents to minimize disruptions.
- Problem Management: Identifying and addressing the root causes of recurring issues.
- Change Management: Managing changes to IT systems while minimizing risks.
- Service Request Management: Handling user requests for IT services.
- Asset Management: Tracking and managing IT assets efficiently.
- Service Level Management: Defining and maintaining service levels to meet user expectations.
- Configuration Management: Managing the configuration of IT assets and services.
In healthcare, ITSM services could include:
- Supporting healthcare providers with IT issues and requests.
- Ensuring the security and compliance of healthcare data systems.
- Implementing and managing telehealth and remote patient monitoring solutions.
- Maintaining and updating medical devices and equipment used in patient care.
ITSM improves efficiencies by:
- Standardizing and automating IT processes.
- Implementing incident, problem, and change management procedures.
- Prioritizing and addressing issues more effectively.
- Providing a framework for monitoring and measuring performance.
- Streamlining communication and collaboration among IT teams.
ITSM frameworks provide guidelines and best practices for implementing ITSM processes. In healthcare, commonly used ITSM frameworks include:
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library): ITIL is a comprehensive framework that offers a set of practices for IT service management.
- COBIT (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies): COBIT focuses on governance and management of IT processes.
- HITRUST: HITRUST is specific to healthcare and focuses on information security and risk management.
Healthcare IT Made Easy
Connect with us for a completely free initial consultation to see how our services can benefit your healthcare organization.
Healthcare IT Resources
As consultants to healthcare organizations it’s important that we educate and share relevant news and resources to help our clients improve practices and the industry as a whole.
Data-driven strategies provide healthcare organizations with a roadmap to success. Learn more about how data can be your secret weapon.
As healthcare startups continue to emerge, there is an increasing need to pay attention to cybersecurity. Learn more.
Find out why Microsoft’s robust SharePoint platform is uniquely suited to meet the needs of modern and dynamic healthcare enterprises.